Export Logistics Officer
My client specialises in international trading of agricultural commodities from Australia to the rest of the world. They source commodities from our grower / supplier network across the country and export these all over the world.
The company operates based on a unique model, doing business ethically, supporting all of our business partners and our staff. We have a casual office atmosphere where jeans and t-shirts are the norm, and we have an active social calendar.
With our growth, the time has come for us to employ a Logistics Officer to support our Export Coordinator and team of traders in the execution of our export programs.
About the Role:
You will be responsible for the physical execution of our commodities exports. You will report to the Export Coordinator and you will also take direction from the traders who are responsible for each trading desk.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assist the Export Coordinator in the planning and management of inland transport, storage, packing, shipping and export documentation
- Provide direction to our trucking companies, packers, and suppliers for inland transport, storage and container packing prior to export
- Plan and book vessel space with shipping lines
- Operate and provide input to the logistics database, tracking performance and compliance with contract requirements
- Liaise with buyer's logistics team to coordinate shipments
- Operate within DAWRs EXDOC system for EDN / RFPs
- Coordinate with Chamber/s of Commerce for certificates of origin
- Coordinate with analysis laboratories for test certification
- Development of contracts, invoices, declarations, packing lists etc.
- Coordination with banks / buyers for presentation of documentation
- Energetic person
- Export logistics experience
- Export documentation experience
- An understanding in trading preferred but not essential
- Willing to learn
- Can-do attitude
Please call Chris on 0422730294 or alternatively send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org